Other Pages of Interest

Monday, October 2, 2023

All Grown Up in Charleston

 These ladies have been in my life for as long as I can remember. They know my husband as well as they know me. We all attended high school or college or both together along with all of our husbands. Why it took us this many years to plan a trip together is beyond me. But in her usual take-the-lead fashion, Stephanie made things happen and a trip was planned! 

Charleston was the perfect location with non-stop flights and close enough for Emily to drive from Atlanta. We rented a charming little house in town. 


We took the Two Sisters Walking Tour, a fascinating tour of the history, importance and sometimes shady past of Charleston. We got to see the most beautiful window flower boxes, learn about the deep-south nature of the city and our guide knew just about everyone in town. 


My darling Emily, I miss our Falls Church days!

We used up every minute of the trip by stopping into Magnolia Plantation, a stunning property entwined with a history of slavery. The trees and gardens were incredible, I wish I had more time to explore.



We couldn't leave without a morning on the beach. It was a bit cool, but nice and sunny. The whole weekend was a great reminder of how nice it is to reconnect with true, constant friends. I am the only one of the four of us that has not pursued a career in education, so I got to pick the brains of professionals on public school, standardized tests and the state of the education system for our kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment