Other Pages of Interest

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hallowen 2015

Halloween takes a few forms these days, it's the actual Trick-or-Treating, the pre-school parade and outside Halloween events like my mom group, Mothers of The Woodlands, putting on their own dress-up party. 

This was Alex's first year to participate in the preschool parade, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Gretchen, as you can imagine, has never had an issue with it. She smiles and waves as though she is the only child everyone came to see:


Alex is a bit more reserved at times, and especially since this was his first year, I tried to hide myself in the crowd. I brought a big camera so he didn't recognize me on his first pass around the room:

 Look at how precious our little Sully monster (from Monster's Inc.) is! He's so darn cute!!

And this Princess Anna is the happiest girl on the block. Her unabashed joy brings a smile to my face.

Here is the moment that little Sully spotted me:

And he was not impressed. He spent the short remainder of the parade on his teacher's lap, poor little guy!

Don't worry, there's more! My moms group, Mothers of The Woodlands, has an all out Halloween party each year. We changed costumes and packed up our dish to pass to contribute to the party. Alex enjoyed playing toss-the-ring-on-the-witch-hat for awhile.

And then Gretchen showed off her best scary face:

There were crafts and stickers galore!
 The crowing jewel of this particular party was a visit from the Science Guy who brings his collection of bizarre animals (snakes, parrot, tortoise, hedgehog) and teaches kids about DIY science.

 Halloween was a hit! And we had a great time Trick-or-Treating even though it was 80+ degrees and humid.... Gotta love Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment